How and why our curriculum works…
- It's specially planned to provide an engaging, exciting and aspirational curriculum that equips our students with the skills, knowledge and experience they need to progress to the next stage of their education.
- We take full account of students’ prior learning and starting points in order to provide them with personalised learning experiences, and encourage them to become independent thinkers and learners.
- Teaching and learning are led by experienced staff who can make learning both accessible and challenging.
- All curriculum subjects are accredited to maximise students’ chances to flourish within and beyond their education. Our curriculum is carefully sequenced to maximise opportunities for students to acquire, consolidate and apply their skills and knowledge to become confident and independent adults.
- We place equal importance on academic progress and social and emotional development and wellbeing. Our curriculum is underpinned by a nurture approach to develop the whole child.
- We value and promote diversity, tolerance and respect for others. We're an inclusive community and we celebrate and welcome difference. Community involvement is an integral part of our curriculum, so we work in partnership with many local providers to offer a broad and rich experience for our students.
Vocational subjects in Years 10 & 11…
Our Key Stage 4 curriculum (Years 10 & 11) combines academic and vocational subjects, to maximise our students‘ engagement. All students are encouraged and supported to achieve the best possible outcomes from their starting points, so they can move on to successful post 16 placements in education, employment or training.
- Core Curriculum: All students are taught Maths and English at either GCSE or Functional Skills or both. All students also have a reading lesson once a week.
- Additional Core Curriculum: Most students will also study fully accredited qualifications in Science, Employability, Citizenship and PSHE. Students will also be given the opportunity to complete their learning using a digital learning platform having a weekly Digital Skills lesson built into their timetable.
- Vocational options: Students can choose from a range of fully accredited vocational qualifications at level 1 or Level 2 equivalent, including Performing Arts, Catering, Health and Fitness, Business Studies, Engineering, Bike Maintenance, Design and Technology, Sports Leadership and Construction.
- Interventions: For students who need additional support, we ensure that their literacy and/or numeracy skills are supported by having dedicated, weekly timetabled lessons.
- Pastoral care: Each class has a lesson a week with their form tutors to ensure that the wider needs of each individual and group are looked after.
If you'd like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org